Sunday, October 12, 2008



Gold Silver, agriculture products and oil plummet on Friday. This guy, Jim Rogers was expousing himself as a market guru on Bloomberg TV on Friday morning saying, "capitulation, it is time to buy to cover my short positions in stocks". To a question on what else he was buying he said "I bot a bit of Taiwan, a bit of China, and into agriculture" This from a guy who when commodities were doing their blow off top and China stock market as well many months ago was saying "I am long commodities, long China stocks", as though it was going to the moon.

To me this guy is arrogant. Why the hell do people want to know what he is buying. He also said, "I am not a market timer, I am the worst short term trader" A load of hogwash, if you are not a market timer, why are you in the markets man? It is like the investor who gets into a trade in a stock when it is going up, the market turns around suddenly, then the short term trade (or investment) becomes "oh, I am in it for the long term now" This is how short term disasters become long term investments.(non market timing)

I do agree with him though, that buying China stocks is a good deal at current prices. Don't know about Taiwan though as there is no sign of support.

Crude Oil futures chart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home